Today I’m going to share with you all yet another recipe I tried today. This recipe however is not my own creation but, it is adapted from the very famous chilli chicken. I tried to make this recipe more tasty and healthy including a lot of veggies and less use of oil where ever required. So if you would like to try out this recipe please keep on reading.
Ingredients: servings: 8-10
• 750 gms full chicken with bones (can also opt for boneless)
• 4 tbsp. ginger garlic paste
• 2 tbsp. freshly ground black pepper
• 2 tbsp. finely chopped green chillies
• 2 tsp red food colouring
• 1.5 cup corn flour
• 2 tbsp. soya sauce
• 2 tsp white vinegar
• 2 tsp red chilli powder
• 1 tbsp. freshly chopped curry leaves
• Salt to taste
• Vegetable oil for deep frying
For the dish:
• 2 tbsp. chopped ginger & garlic
• 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
• 1 tbsp. finely chopped green chill
• 1 tbsp. curry leaves
• ½ cup tomato sauce
• ¼ cup soya sauce
• 3 tbsp. Green chilli sauce
• 2 large onions cut into cubes
• 2 large capsicum cut into cubes
• 2 large carrots cut into juliennes.
• 2 cups cabbage cut into cubes
• Salt to taste
• 1 tbsp. Freshly ground black pepper
• 1 tsp. red chilli powder
• 3 tbsp. Corn flour
• ½ cup water
• Clean and cut the meat into small pieces of 2”. Mix in all the ingredients for marination with the chicken and set it aside for 45 mins.
• Heat oil in a wok (once the oil is hot enough throw in a few curry leaves this will add flavour)
• Fry the marinated chicken pieces in small batches till they are slightly brown in colour yet crispy and place them on a tissue paper.
• Now in a separate wok heat up 2 tbsp. Of oil, add the chopped ginger and garlic fry it for 30 secs.
• Next add the curry leaves and thee green chillies and stir fry for 1 min
• Add in the onions and stir fry it till the onions turn slightly transparent.
• Once the onions have turned transparent add in all the veggies and give a good stir.
• Cover the wok with a lid and turn the flame to medium and let the veggies cook for 3-4 mins.(do check the veggies as you don’t want them to turn too soft)
• Next add in the soya sauce, green chillie sauce, tomato sauce, ground black pepper, red chillie powder and salt. Give a good stir.
• Mix in the water and corn and make a slurry. Pour this into the wok, keep the flame on high and stir continuously till everything is well combined and the water-corn flour slurry has thickened.
And your done. You can serve it with rice, roti, chapatti, fried rice, naan or anything that you would like to, its such a versatile side dish.
Thanks for reading…